Data Privacy and Cookies Policy
How we collect, use and Process your Personal Information
Information you provide: If you contact us, create an account with us or send us an email we may receive and collect personal information that you share. Depending on what information you choose to provide, this may include your name, email address, billing information, telephone or mobile number, gender or date of birth, as well as information collected about your navigation patterns on our website. You do not always have to share this information with us, but without it, you may not be able to access certain content or features or use certain services.
Please note that sometimes we will require you to provide additional personal information. When we do this we will provide further information about why we are collecting your information and how we will use it. Where we provide personalized content, we may ask your permission to review third party data about you, . Please note that any information that is not required will not be retained by ICDT.
Information posted by you: The information posted by you on public areas of our websites or elsewhere on the internet may be used by anyone including ICDT
ICDT websites collects information about how you use our content online, and the device(s) you use to access the site. This includes collecting unique online identifiers such as IP addresses, which are numbers that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet.
How do we use the information we collect
By using our websites, you agree that we may collect, hold, use or otherwise process your information (including personal information) for the purpose of providing you with those products and services and developing our business which shall include (without limitation):
- Verifying your identity (for example when you return to our websites, mobile apps or wearable)
- Personalising the content and advertisements you see on our websites and apps
- Developing the design and style of our products and services to make improvements
- Understanding more about you, such as your location and demographic information
- Informing you about the latest changes
- Informing you of promotions or contests that you may be interested in
- Dealing with, and responding to you about, a comment you have submitted for or on our message boards, blogs and other such user generated content facilities. Our websites may provide message boards, blogs and other user generated content facilities. Anything that you share will become public information. You should always be careful when deciding to disclose your personal information.
- Enabling you to share our content with others e.g. using “Email a friend” and “Share this article”. Before you use “email a friend” or “share this article” buttons please make sure that anyone you wish to email or share with are happy for this to occur and expect to receive the email or article. You may only share the details of another person with us where you have their express permission.
- Customer services and support
- Informing you if you have been successful in any competitions or promotions
- Compiling visitor reviews, through third party sites
- Conducting market research
- Carrying out statistical, technical and logistical analysis and strategic development
- Communicating with you in relation to your subscription or other non-marketing communications
- Communicating (and personalising such communication) with you, according to your preferences
- Push and in-app notifications on apps: Where you install one of our apps on your mobile device, this may use push notifications or in-app notifications. These notifications are used for a variety of reasons, for example push notifications may be used to trigger an automatic download of new content (such as a new edition). Within the app, you may be able to select to receive only certain types of notifications.
- If you use our online ticketing system, order merchandise etc. we may ask for information including your name, e-mail address, delivery and billing address, credit or debit card number and expiry date. These details allow us to process your orders efficiently. Sometimes we may ask for your telephone number to be forwarded to the couriers who may deliver your order.
- Competitions: If you enter a contest or promotion we may ask for your name, address, e-mail address or telephone number. This is so we can run the contest effectively and tell you if you have won.
- Sending you periodic newsletters based on your demographics and preferences of language, location etc.
- Sending you direct marketing. This may include communications by post, telephone or email or SMS about us and our business partners’ products and services, events and special offers
- Maintaining records of our communications with you if you get in contact with us
- Blocking disruptive use and ensuring the security of our website
- Ensuring the integrity of votes, competitions and polls
- Complying with applicable data protections laws and regulations.
When do we share or disclose your personal information
Anonymous Information. We may track the total number of visitors to the services, the number of visitors to each page of the services, browser type, IP addresses, external websites linked to and other usage statistics collected and used in aggregate form collected through the Services and we may analyze this data for trends and statistics in the aggregate but such information will be maintained, used and disclosed in aggregate form only and it will not contain personally identifiable information. We may use such aggregate information to analyze trends, administer the Services, track users’ movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. We may freely share anonymous user information with others, such as clients, advertisers, sponsors and business partners.
Personally Identifiable Information. In more limited circumstances, we may share personally identifiable information we have collected. For example:
- Your personal information may be transferred to any service providers who assist us in providing the Services, like technical agents, payment processing vendors, companies that help us market and advertise to you, other subcontractors, and our affiliates, agents, consultants and business partners.
- If you give us permission, we may share your personally identifiable information with third parties who may send you marketing and promotional information.
- As in any transaction, if you provide your credit card information to us for purchases, your credit card company will be provided with relevant information about us, services purchased, cost and other information necessary to process the transaction.
- We may disclose your personal information if permitted or required by law, or where we reasonably believe such action is necessary in order to protect or defend our interests or the interests of our employees or users or business partners, such as to protect, establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, or when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss, or investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, threats to our property, suspected fraud, or violation of ICDT Terms of Service.
Links to third party sites and public posting
ICDT websites may also contain links to and from the websites of partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow such a link or if you post information or content, such as commenting on content or participating in online forums or communities, or when you interact with our websites through social media sites, plug-ins or other applications, depending on your privacy settings, this information may become public on the Internet. You acknowledge that these websites have their own privacy notices and cookies policies and ICDT does not accept any responsibility or liability for these third party websites.
If our websites link through to third-party websites, those processes may involve the placement of third-party cookies on your machine or device. Please be aware that we do not control these third party websites or any of the content contained on those websites, including the third-party cookies used for these purposes. The inclusion of links to third party websites in no way constitutes an endorsement by us of such websites’ content, actions, or policies.
We may also, from time to time, partner with ad networks and other online advertising providers in order to serve ads on behalf of us or other non-affiliated parties on our websites and across the Internet. These ads may be presented to you based on products and services the advertising providers think are relevant to your interests. These preferences may be inferred based on information collected about your browsing behaviour on our websites and other non-affiliated sites and apps across time.
You agree that all personal information submitted to or collected via or by ICDT may be transferred, processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, the United States, the European Union, in the cloud, on our servers, on the servers of our affiliates or the servers of our service providers. Your personal information may be accessible to law enforcement or other authorities pursuant to a lawful request. We will endeavor to ensure that international transfers of personal information are supported by an adequacy mechanism (where required by law).
OPT-OUT (Right to Object to Processing, Communications and Access)
You have the right to object to and opt out of certain uses and disclosures of your personal information. You shall be provided with the link to Opt-out option.
Rights of Access, Rectification, Erasure and Restriction
You may inquire as to whether ICDT is processing personal information about you, request access to personal information, and ask that we correct, amend or delete your personal information where it is inaccurate.
If access cannot be provided within a reasonable time frame, ICDT will provide you with a date when the information will be provided. If for some reason access is denied, ICDT will provide an explanation of why access has been denied.
We take your security seriously and take reasonable steps to protect and secure your personal information from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure, including through secure sockets layer, password protection and, for certain transmissions to our Services, encryption. Although we take reasonable security measures to protect your personal information, please be aware the safety and security of your information is also dependent upon you and that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, ICDT cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit on or through the websites or Services and you do so at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
Users in the European Union
If you’re a user in the European Union, you should know that ICDT is the controller of your personal information. Here is some additional information we would like to bring to your attention:
- 1-Bases for using your informationYour country only allows us to use your personal information when certain conditions apply. These conditions are called “legal bases” and, at ICDT , we typically rely on the following:
Contract. One reason we might use your information is that you have entered into an agreement with us.
Legitimate interest. Another reason we might use your information is because we have—or a third party has—a legitimate interest in doing so. For example, we need to use your information to provide and improve our services. We might also use some information about you to try to show you ads you might find interesting. An important point to understand about legitimate interest is that our interests do not outweigh your right to privacy, so we only rely on legitimate interest when we think the way we are using your data does not significantly affect your privacy or would be expected by you, or there is a compelling reason to do so.
Consent. In some cases, we will ask for consent to use your information for specific purposes. If we do, we will make sure you can revoke your consent in our services or through your device permissions.
Legal obligation. We may be required to use your personal information to comply with any applicable law in the UAE, for instance when we respond to valid legal process or need to take action to protect our users.
2-Your right to objectYou have the right to object to our use of your information. With many types of data, we have provided you with the ability to simply delete it if you do not want us processing it anymore. For other types of data, we have given you the ability to stop the use of your data by disabling the feature altogether. If there are other types of information, you do not agree with us processing, you can contact us.
3-International transfersWe may collect your personal information from, transfer it to, and store and process it in the United States and other countries outside of where you live. Whenever we share information of EU users outside the EU we make sure an adequate transfer mechanism is in place.
- 4-ComplaintsIf you are based in the EU, you can always file a complaint with the supervisory authority in your Member State.
Our services are not intended for—and we do not direct them to—anyone under 13. In addition, that is why we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13. In addition, we may limit how we collect, use, and store some of the information of EU users between 13 and 16. In some cases, this means we will be unable to provide certain functionality to these users. If we need to rely on consent, as a legal basis for processing your information and your country requires consent from a parent, we may require your parent’s consent before we collect and use that information.
Unless you decide to disable cookies, you agree that the website may use them. You may at any time disable these cookies for free from the deactivation possibilities offered to you knowing that this may reduce or prevent accessibility to all or part of the services offered by the website.
What is a cookie and its usefulness?
During the consultation of the website, information relating to the navigation of your terminal (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) on the website may be recorded in text files called “Cookies”, installed on your browser. Cookies will be used to recognize your browser during the validity period of the cookie concerned.
Only the issuer of the cookie concerned may read or modify the information contained therein.
Some cookies are essential to the use of the website, others allow to optimize the use of the website and to personalize the displayed contents, so cookies allow:
- To measure and analyse the use of the website, its sections and services offered, allowing us to carry out studies and improve the interest and ergonomics of the site and our services,
- To memorize the display preferences of your browser (used language, display parameters, operating system used, etc.) and to adapt the presentation of the site during your visits, according to the visualization and reading materials and software your device and which are used for navigation on our website navigation,
- To memorize the information relating, for example, to a form which you filled out or to a service (registration, social login) or information which you chose (services subscribed etc.).
- To allow you to access the reserved and personal areas of the website or our services, such as your personal account, thanks to identifiers or personal data about you previously communicated, allowing you to access personalized content if necessary,
- To implement security measures,
- Limit the number of ads displayed,
- To adapt the advertising contents inserted on the website to your centres of interest and possibly in your preferred language
- To adapt and send you personalized information that are specifically intended for you by means of electronic prospecting or display on your terminal. This is thanks to the personal data that you communicate to us in particular when you register or access to one of our services and use, to which we associate Cookies that we issue.
- When you access a third-party site containing advertising space broadcasting one of our advertisements, this announcement may be sent to you via the recognition of one of our Cookies that we have previously deposited on your browser. These cookies can be set by our technical service providers and used.
Cookies deposited by a third party on spaces of our website
Our website may contain Cookies issued by third parties (communication agency, audience measurement company, targeted advertising provider, etc.) allowing them, during the validity period of their Cookies:
- to collect browsing information about browsers browsing our website,
- Determine the advertising content that may correspond to your interests to send you targeted advertising, in view of your browsing history collected by the third party.
So you can manage your cookies:
• From your browser software, or
• Inter-professional platforms.